Home » , , , , , , , , , , » You Raise Me Up (Cover Version of Up Josh Groban)

You Raise Me Up (Cover Version of Up Josh Groban)

You Raise Me Up

One of the beautiful songs would like to dedicated to my both late beloved parents ... You Raise Me Up. Sung this beautiful at one of the famous pub in Sunderland, England. It is one of my best performance at the pub. Recorded at Howard Arms Pub, Sunderland, United Kingdom

Josh Groban

You Raise Me (Cover Version of Up Josh Groban) 

Here is the link, bring you directly to youtube.



Enhanced Published on October 8, 2014
Ref: 201410080349-00063-201410090449-00005-by Josh Groban, SUNP0009


Recorded at Howard Arms Pub, Sunderland, United Kingdom

Here is the link, bring you directly to youtube.



Published on April 29, 2014
Ref: 20140429-00014-2014091306XX-00090-by Josh Groban, SUNP0009
Recorded at Howard Arms Pub, Sunderland, United Kingdom

FB: https://www.facebook.com/jamesbone006
Backup FB: https://www.facebook.com/pages/James-Nakason/335170904327
Google+ https://plus.google.com/u/0/+JamesNakasoneHuangCareer/posts
Blogger Site http://jntubechannels.blogspot.com/
Blogger Site:http://jncreativeentertainment.blogspot.com/
Download: https://vimeo.com/99999999

Contact: Skype id: jamesnakasone

Video Shot by Myself
Video Edited by Myself
"You Raise Me'' as originally sang by Brian Kennedy, the song only became a minor UK hit
Written by:  originally composed by the duo, Secret Garden. The music was written by Secret Garden's Rolf Løvland and the lyrics by Brendan Graham.

Category: Music
License Standard: YouTube License
Created using: YouTube Video Editor
Source videos: View attributions

201409130624-00090 http://jncreativeentertainment.blogspot.de/2014/09/you-raise-me-up-cover-version-of-up.html

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"You Raise Me Up" is a song that was originally composed by the duo, Secret Garden. The music was written by Secret Garden's Rolf Løvland and the lyrics by Brendan Graham. After the song was performed early in 2002 by the Secret Garden and their invited lead singer, Brian Kennedy, the song only became a minor UK hit. The song has been recorded by more than a hundred other artists including Josh Groban, who popularized the song in 2003; his rendition became a hit in the United States. The Irish band Westlife then popularized the song in the United Kingdom two years later.[1] "You Raise Me Up" is sung as a contemporary hymn in church services.

The song was originally written as an instrumental piece and titled "Silent Story." Parts of the melody resemble the traditional Irish tune Londonderry Air, (especially the opening phrase of its chorus), which is best known as the usual tune to the 1910 song Danny Boy. Løvland approached Irish novelist and songwriter Brendan Graham to write the lyrics to his melody after reading Graham's novels.[2]

The song was written by and for Løvland himself and performed for the very first time at the funeral of Løvland's mother. Here he noted “there's something about the song people are embracing - which becomes emotionally strong. [...] I believe people think of it as a song they use for their own stuff.”.[3][4]


In 2002 it was released on the Secret Garden album Once in a Red Moon, with the vocals sung by Irish singer Brian Kennedy, and sold well in both Ireland and Norway. Originally, Brian Kennedy was supposed to follow Secret Garden on their Asian tour in 2002, but fell ill, and could not attend. He was replaced by Norwegian singer Jan Werner Danielsen, who also later recorded the song together with Secret Garden. A demo version of this recording was released in 2010, on Danielsen's posthumous compilation album One More Time - The Very Best Of, which included several previously unpublished recordings.

In 2003, David Foster decided to produce the song after being introduced to it by Frank Petrone of peermusic, the song's publisher. He chose the up-and-coming Josh Groban to record the song, which was accompanied by the great tenor Craig Von Vennik of the Establishment. Groban's version made it to #1 on the Billboard adult contemporary chart in early 2004 and remained there for six weeks. This version also peaked at #73 on the Billboard Hot 100, his first single to do so, and was nominated for a 2005 Grammy award.


Groban performed the song at Super Bowl XXXVIII, in a special NASA commemoration for the crew of the Space Shuttle Columbia disaster. A special surprise performance by Groban, for Oprah Winfrey's 50th birthday, also gave "You Raise Me Up" massive international prominence. On April 25, 2007, Groban also performed it at the first Idol Gives Back Concert, along with the African Children's Choir. This version was released as a single and peaked at #76 on the Billboard Hot 100. He performed this version with the African Children's Choir again on The Ellen DeGeneres Show on August 10, 2007.

On May 26, 2007, Josh Groban appeared on BBC's talent show Any Dream Will Do to select one of the remaining contestants (or "Josephs") to perform the song with him. He chose show favourite and eventual winner Lee Mead, whilst the other four contestants (Lewis Bradley, Craig Chalmers, Ben Ellis, and Keith Jack) performed as backing singers. Following this, the solo version of "You Raise Me Up" charted in the UK at #74, making it his first chart entry there.

Read more: Josh Groban - You Raise MeUp  Lyrics | MetroLyrics 
When I am down and, oh my soul, so weary
When troubles come and my heart burdened be
Then I am still and wait here in the silence
Until you come and sit awhile with me

You raise me up so I can stand on mountains
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas
I am strong when I am on your shoulders
You raise me up to more than I can be

There is no life - no life without it's hunger
Each restless heart beats so imperfectly
But when you come and I am filled with wonder
Sometimes, I think I glimpse eternity

You raise me up so I can stand on mountains
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas
I am strong when I am on your shoulders
You raise me up to more than I can be

You raise me up so I can stand on mountains
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas
I am strong when I am on your shoulders
You raise me up to more than I can be
You raise me up to more than I can be

Songwriters
LOVLAND, ROLF U. / GRAHAM, BRENDAN / SAND, AMY

Published by
Lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group









Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

New templates on your Email

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. JN Creative Entertainment - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger